The Fusion Sustainability Action Team (FSAT) is a dynamic group of young professionals who empower our community to live, work and play in ways that protect the long-term health of our environment, society and economy. FSAT raises awareness of diverse sustainability issues, creates a forum for discussion, and empowers our demographic to work toward both everyday solutions and city-wide change.
Our recent projects include:
- A professional development event that brought young professionals and students together with speakers from Clean Foundation, Dalhousie University, Dillon Consulting, Ecology Action Centre, Eosense, Halifax’s Solid Waste Resources Department and Made with Local to learn about pursuing green careers in Nova Scotia.
- Two cooking workshops focused on avoiding food waste through innovative recipes, as part of our #FightFoodWasteHfx campaign
- A debate about food sustainability and a panel discussion about climate change solutions, featuring local experts
- A Black Friday clothing swap
- Publishing an op-ed urging Nova Scotia to adopt a fair and effective carbon price
We also enjoy planning social events for our members to get to know one another and the local environment. FSAT members come together several times a year for social activities including hikes, potlucks, board games nights, and outdoor pizza parties.
FSAT typically meets on the third Wednesday of every month, from 5:30-7 p.m. at The Bridge (5553 Bloomfield St.) To learn more, find out about our next meeting, or get involved, please contact the Director of Sustainability at email@example.com.